At Multiple Sclerosis Auckland, we are committed to doing everything we can to keep our members and their whānau, employees and others safe from COVID-19. The wellbeing and safety of everyone in our community is always our top priority, as reflected in our mission of People with MS Living Well.
As well as physical safety around risk of contamination, we want to give you, our community, peace of mind as to what our support will look like when we re-start our services. Some key points from our COVID Contact policy which may impact you are:
- Vaccination is not a requirement for you to access MS Auckland’s services; but for those unvaccinated (or unknown) the type of service provided may differ
- If you interact with us in-person, we will ask you for proof of vaccination prior to the in-person meeting/event
- We respect any members’ decision to decline in-person support or meetings. Please just inform us and we will navigate the best path to continue supporting you
- Support groups will resume meeting in-person under the Green level of the COVID Protection Framework. Please note that virtual delivery of our support groups has been highly successful over the last few months, and new people are always welcome
- Support groups will be supported to consider whether vaccination is a requirement of in-person attendance at that group
- In-person support (home visits) will resume under the Green level of the COVID Protection Framework, with provision for urgent and critical in-person visits under Red and Orange levels
As we navigate this new territory, our overarching message is that we remain committed to supporting you and your whānau through your MS journey, in the best way possible.
We will review these settings in early February, to ensure they fit with this rapidly changing environment. You will be kept informed of any changes.