‘Failing to plan is planning to fail.’
Throughout 2018 the MS Auckland Committee has been undergoing a planning process to prepare the organisation for the future. As developments in MS treatments expand and the use of technology grows the needs of people living with MS will change. It is very likely that MS Auckland will look differently in the future than it does today. We want to make sure that we continue to meet the needs of people living with MS in the years ahead. The planning continues and will likely go on into 2019. We are excited about the future and the positive changes for people living with MS.
Things aren’t slowing down for us as the year draws to a close! There still seems to be so much going on. I hope you enjoy reading our e-news and hope to see you at one of our events!
1. Special event with MS experts - 26th November
2. Therapy blanket winner announcement
3. Live Webinar – 15th November
4. Diet testimonials wanted!
5. Auckland Premier of the Film Documentary – The Big FAT Lie
6. Chopping boards
7. Christmas Party – 9th December
8. Farewell to Diane
9. Office closure
1. Special event! You are invited! – Monday 26th NovemberWe are delighted to have two renowned MS experts in Auckland this month - Professor Bill Carroll from Western Australia, and Professor Mitchell Wallin from the USA. Each of them will be providing a brief presentation with opportunities for questions and discussions on the evening of Monday the 26th of November.
This is a great opportunity to hear some of the latest news and developments in MS. We hope you will be able to join us for a fun and informative evening.
Date: Monday 26 November 2018
Venue: Remuera Club Auckland, 27-33 Ohinerau Street, Remuera
Time: Doors will open at 7pm for a 7:30 start
2. Therapy Blanket Winner!Congratulations to Davina Stephenson who won the Weighted Therapy Blanket this month. We would have loved to have had more to give a-way as there were so many entries and deserving people who could benefit from using this blanket. Check out the home page of our website to find out more about the Somna Sensory Interventions available at Allied Health.
3. Live Webinar – Exercise to minimise brain loss in MSGilly Davy will be presenting a live webinar on the 15th of November from 7pm to 8pm. The cost of this very informative talk is only $22.95.
For full information and details on how to register click here.
4. Wanted – testimonials from people following a plant based diet or the Jelinek DietDr Mark Craig is giving a brief talk on the benefits of the whole food plant based diets and the Jelinek Diet in MS and is interested in hearing about people’s experiences on following this diet.
Please respond to Mark Craig directly- firstname.lastname@example.org - with just a few comments on how the Jelinek diet has been for you. It would be helpful if you can include the following:
- What MS symptoms you experienced and the duration of your MS
- What changes you made to your diet and/or lifestyle
- How long you have followed the diet and the outcomes you’ve experienced.
5. Auckland Film Premier - The Big FAT Lie – 15th November 7:30pmTickets to see this Kiwi Plant Based documentary are just $15 and are selling fast!
6. Wooden chopping boards for sale in support of MS AucklandA few of these chopping boards have now been sold to very happy customers!
7. Christmas Party – Sunday 9 December 2018!
We like to end the year with a party! I hope you will join us for this annual festive event. It will once again be held at the Remuera Club and will start at 12 noon.
Tickets are just $25/person and include a delicious buffet lunch with tea and coffee. A cash bar is also available.
To book please phone the office on 09 845 5921 or e-mail email@example.com
See the attached flyer for more information. I hope to see you there!
8. Farewell to DianeOur wonderful Field Worker for the North Shore, Diane Hampton, is moving on after 14 years supporting people affected by MS. She has
lots of plans to travel and spend time with family overseas. We will all miss her very much. Her last day will be Friday 7th December, however she
will be joining us on the 9th of December for our Christmas Party and has even agreed to say a few words!
9. Office ClosureThe office will close for the holidays on Friday 21st of December and will reopen on Monday 7 January.
Until next time,